Places to Visit in Castletownbere and surrounding West Cork area:
- Dursey Island: Experience the cable car journey to this remote beautiful Island, beautiful walks, bird sanctury and Irelands most westerly point.
- BallyDonegan Beach: Safe sandy Beach in the beautiful village of Allihies
- Ring of Beara: Drive or cycle the majestic ring of Beara and enjoy breathtaking views.
- Dunboy Castle: The ancient home of O’Sullivan Bere surrounded by beautiful forest walks
- Hungry Hill: Scale Beara’s highest peak and the enjoy the view for miles and miles of land and sea. Bring a camera!
- Direen Gardens: An old landlord estate now a national park
- Bantry House: The house of Lord Bantry now a public visitor attraction.
Bere Island: Take the boat to this vibrant island, This island is rich in maritime history and is today still used for army training purposes. Has many artifacts from past military excursions. Beautiful walks.
Garnish Island: An oasis of tropical plants and trees due to its unique position on the Gulf stream.
Gougane Barra: Original monastery site of St. Finbarr, Irelands most popular church for weddings, surround by beautiful lakes forests and walks
- Aqua Dome
In Tralee is Ireland’s largest waterworld and includes lots of exciting features which capture your imagination.
- Blennerville Windmill
A living reminder of Ireland’s rich industrial heritage. Featured in the Guinness Book of Records
- Crag Cave, Kerry
Discovered in 1983 and thought to be over one million years old, Crag Cave is a wonderland of stalagmites and stalagmites.
Dingle Oceanworld Aquarium,
Mara Beo, is set overlooking the spectacular Dingle Harbour and displays the fascinating species of fish and marine creatures
- Kerry Bog Village Museum
- Kerry the Kingdom
Tells the story of Kerry and Ireland over 7,000 years. The centre comprises three superb attractions under one roof.
- Kerry Woollen Mills
- Muckross House and Gardens, Kerry
Period mansion set in Killarney National Park
- Skellig Experience
Discover the Skellig Experience a must see attraction for visitors to County Kerry Ireland